Scotiabank has asked me to help make hockey fans aware of their contest they have developed called The Big Save that gives a full hockey team of kids between the ages 7-16, the chance to go to Whitehorse for this year’s Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada.
How much fun would that be? A full team of kids and only five or so adults accompaning them. Look out Whitehorse!
The kids team that wins this wins a prize worth a whopping $45,000 courtesy of Scotiabank. Details can be seen here The Big Save
But people who read my blog can also win through this. The contest ends on November 30th and so until then, I’ll put into my fedora the names of anyone who comments on any story on my site about memories of hockey when you were a kid, or simply if you ever had the chance to meet an NHL player when you were young, and the person I draw from the hat will win a family gift package containing Scotiabank hockey gear which consists of jerseys, toques and hats for the entire family.
Here’s the grand prize in detail. Imagine, a team of kids, coaches and parents heading up to Whitehouse for Hockey Day in Canada! (And once again, tell me about a memory of hockey when you were a kid or if you ever met an NHL’er when you were young and you can win the family hockey gear pack!)
THE GRAND PRIZE
There will be one (1) grand prize awarded consisting of a trip for the selected team to Whitehorse, Yukon to attend Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada.
The Grand prize will be awarded to a team consisting of a maximum twenty (20) players between 7 and 16 years of age. Subject to the age group of the team selected, a total of five (5) to ten (10) persons (at Sponsor’s discretion) who are coaches, trainers, parents and/or guardians and who are over the age of majority will also accompany the team.
Grand Prize includes:
- The prize will be awarded to a team consisting of a maximum twenty (20) players between 7 and 16 and five (5) coaches or trainers who are over the age of majority.
- Where applicable, round trip economy airfare for the team departing from the Canadian International Airport nearest the winning teams residence (as determined by the Sponsor) to Whitehorse.
- Three (3) night’s standard hotel accommodation (double occupancy) in White Horse.
- Ground transportation to and from the Hockey Day in Canada events.
- All team meals while in Whitehorse
- Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is ($45,000 CDN).